Old 04-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Myrmecodia

Default indentify volunteer flower?

"gregpresley" wrote in message ...
"Twobtold" wrote in message
Looks loke Campanula rapunculoides

It looks like campanula rampunculoides to me too. If that is the case,
ERADICATE ERADICATE ERADICATE!
Its nickname is "cancer of the garden", because it spreads from the tiniest
fragment of root when you attempt to pull it up. The main root is a long
white root, something like a small parsnip - but it will send out long
exploratory fibrous roots in any direction to shoot up another stalk.

Thanks for the information. Most of the photos I found of C.
rapunculoides showed leaves with much smaller "teeth" than our plant.
Is that a variable trait? If it is C. rapunculoides, I'll certainly
try to eradicate it. I wouldn't want it to choke out the Tipularia
discolor and Stylophorum diphyllum