Old 04-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Michael Baugh

Default Another Way To Handle Tree Stumps?

I suggest going to the "unwanted trees" section of the info at
http://www.monsanto.com.au/images/Ro...s/roundlbl.pdf

I also suggest that you consider that the product is immediately degraded by
exposure to soil. Even mixing it with pond water can cause a completely
ineffective solution to be produced, because of the dirt likely to be in it.
So I suggest that 'ground water pollution' not be seen as such a likely
problem.
All of the sprouts need to have the product brushed onto their leaves, and
they'll take it back into their collective systems, and the trunk as well.
Also, I suggest checking to verify that the tree is a type designated as
being susceptible to the product.
In other words, following manufacturer's instructions.

Also, feel free to give alternate info, such as from hardcopy of

"Feng, J.C., and Thompson, D. G., 1990, Fate of glyphosate in a Canadian
forest watershed. 2. Persistence in foliage and soils: J. Agric. Food Chem.,
v. 38, no. 4, pp. 1118-1125."

if applicable.

gary davis wrote in message
If you don't want to keep mowing, apply Roundup with a paint brush to

the
shoots.

Humm...no! Don't ever use Roundup. We are trying to kill a former tree not
the drinking waters.
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada