Old 04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Al Dykes

Default Is this a nitrogen shortage problem ?

I've got a dozen tomato plants that over-all are doing as good as I
can remember. Lots of golf-ball or larger green fruit. No pest
problems.

A few of the leaves have turned yellow and shrivaled. Essentially all
are on the lowest part of the largest plants. In the past I'd live
with this, but this is the first year I've been reading
rec.gardens.edible and it occurred to me to ask.

A couple weeks ago I mixed appx 1/2 cup of "tomato fertalizer" next to
each plant, and I've been wetting the plant leaves down with dilute
Miracle-Grow every couple weeks. Sun and rain in NJ have been good.

Is this normal, or a sign of a problem. What should I do about it ?

Thanks

--
Al Dykes