Old 04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
dkat

Default Duckweed

Frogs are going to get their oxygen from the air (not from the oxygen in the
water as fish do) so the duck weed really should not be a problem for them.
If you had fish in there and had a massive die off of the duck weed it would
be problematic..... I have never heard of anyone having an issue with too
much duck weed. You might want to see if anyone is local to you that his
fish. They really do like eating it and it is good for them.
"Morten" wrote in message

"dkat" wrote in message
. net...
Missed the original post. My Koi (3 butterfly) will not allow me to

keep
duckweed. I have to keep it in a pond that only has mosquito fish or it

is
gone in short order.

My frog bog / pond is cpmletely covered in duckweed, I know there are

aloot
of frogs downthere but does the duckweed harm them?

/Morten

---