Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
troubleinstore

Default cleaning waterbutt

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message
I have had either dead slugs (hurrah) or rotting bits of tree go down the
pipe into the waterbutt. I just emptied it and have cut back the tree and

am
going to put a filter on the pipe and seal it better but wasn't sure what

clean it with that wouldn't require hours and hours of rinsing. I have
already scrubbed it but it smells a bit still. Is smelling water ok for
plants (not seedlings)?

Personally I would wash it out with Jeyes Fluid, rinse it and then leave for
a couple of days for odour to disappear. Jeyes Fliud is good for detering
cats as well.
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk