Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Klara

Default Stinging nettles?

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , Bob Smith
writes
What do nettles taste like? I assume they must be realy good to want them
in your garden.

Their flavour when cooked as a boiled vegetable is not unlike cabbage or
spinach, but that is only one of many reasons for wanting them in the
garden. I use them mainly for nettle infusion to be used as an insect
repellent, a plant tonic and a source of soil nutrients, and for organic
composting. They also can be used for making very good beers, wines,
teas and in salads or casseroles.

And are, apparently, very good for you ... and your livestock. Found
this - though I don't know why Vermont, I didn't think stinging nettels
existed in the USA .

http://www.ruralvermont.com/vermontw...g/98005/nettle
..shtml

--