Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Franz Heymann

Default cleaning waterbutt

"troubleinstore" wrote in message

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message
I have had either dead slugs (hurrah) or rotting bits of tree go

down the
pipe into the waterbutt. I just emptied it and have cut back the

tree and
am
going to put a filter on the pipe and seal it better but wasn't

sure what
clean it with that wouldn't require hours and hours of rinsing. I

have
already scrubbed it but it smells a bit still. Is smelling water

ok for
plants (not seedlings)?

Personally I would wash it out with Jeyes Fluid, rinse it and then

leave for
a couple of days for odour to disappear. Jeyes Fliud is good for

detering
cats as well.

That would be a bad thing to do. Jeyes' Fluid is a plant poison.

Franz