Old 04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Default Herbicide

Round-up is about the most benign herbicide on the market. It is a
glyphosate salt which is absorbed by the leaves and is transported to
the root system and kills the plant by interfering with it's ability to
uptake water by reversing normal osmotic flow (just as would pouring
normal table salt on the roots). The worst thing that is likely is that
if an animal ate a really large amount of material that had been sprayed
it might experience some abdominal discomfort and perhaps some diarrhea
or vomiting (much like what would happen if the animal drank too much
slightly salty water). I would think that this would be pretty unlikely
as the pet would have to eat a lot more plant material than most are
likely to want to eat.

Stuart wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 01:25:04 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:44:34 -0400, Stuart wrote:

Is there a herbicide that is not dangerous to pets?
Thanks,
S2

Yes, a strong hand and back for pulling the plant.

Seriously, I think you know the answer, if you follow the manufactors
instructions, nothing should be too dangerious.

BTW, you might want to reply with what your intentions are, meaning
plant you want to kill, and how much.

later,

tom

http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com

I have the strong hand but not the strong back, seriously.

What I want is to eliminate plant material growing through a plastic
barrier and river rocks.

My dogs sometimes eat what they shouldn't, so I want to make an
educated approach.

S2