Old 05-07-2004, 12:02 AM
chagoi

Default Yellow/green hyacinths: What is going on?

Jim and Phyllis Hurley wrote:

Good thought. The wh in the veggie filter are also yellow, so I don't
suspect the koi for them. I will check the roots of the ones in the pond.

Jim

Jim,
My WH were looking a little yellow, added some potash, not much
improvement, just added so Epsom salt today, waiting to see if if helps

Not sure about the hardness of my water, need to buy more teststrips,
Ammonia .25
NitrIte .1
NitrAte ~ 80 (last year NitrAtes were 280+ and WH thrived)
pH 8.2

Try Google rec.ponds for threads on Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate).
Depending on your pH, GH, KH, some time you need a little Magnesium to
help the plants absorb the Potash. It seems that high Hardness levels
can cause a Magnesium deficiency.

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond.com