Old 05-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Klara

Default Stinging nettles?

In message opsamlkuvjadtv40@matservices, M. Tiefert
writes
John Lust, writing in 'The Herb Book' says that stinging nettles are
found in U.S.A. in States Northwards from Colorado, Missouri and South
Carolina. Maybe the temperatures are too high for them South of that?

I had a half-garden-full of them in inland southern California (HOT
summers!) - in the spring, those that survived my hacking at them died
in the summer - but they came back every year.

Amazing! Somehow I missed them even though I lived in the States for
years! Next, I'll probably find out that there is poison ivy here in the
UK!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin