Old 05-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bawb2u

Default Is RO water necessary?

Do I need to tear my water apart and rebuild it? Really would rather not
have to.
If not, what are the most important parameters to be looking out for in
the public water supply?

In my town they add chloromines and then Potash to raise the ph to
almost 9.0. I currently run a spare 55gl tank to use for water changes,
since I can't put tap water in my tanks. I fill the 55, use Amquel to
remove the cloramines and free ammonia and run a whisper2 filter with
RENEW resin in it for at least 48 hours. This brings the ph down to a
more reasonable level but seems to be a very inefficient way to do this.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
--

Please, Scratch MyS to reply