Old 05-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Ed J

Default Koi or Goldfish???

I have a farm pond about 75 feet in diameter. I had largemouth bass and
bluegills
in it till this past winter. There was a major die-off and I have not seen
any fish this
season. I am assuming that the water is fouled with low oxygen at the
bottom (8 ft)
and the fish died off there when there was about 2 foot of ice this past
winter.
I have a lot of algae floating on the surface and a LOT of bullfrogs this
year. I
ran a water pump and put the intake hose at the bottom of the pond. The
water
was pretty foul smelling coming out of the pump.

I will probably have to get an air pump and run a air hose to the bottom to
circulate the water and aerate it. After that, I would like to get some
type
of goldfish. I have seen most Koi are rather expensive. The 'common'
goldfish is very cheap in comparison.

What is the difference between the 'common' goldfish and koi?

--
Ed J edj22 @ attglobal . net