Old 05-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Lee

Default Organic slug killer

Has any one here tried diatomacious earth? I have had very good luck
with it over the years and it is inexpensive, and used sparingly,
about as safe as any thing other than beer G.... just don't do it on
a windy day and don't breath it as it will irritate the lungs... it is
also good for pets as it is bad for fleas. and about the ability of
slugs to climb..before i found out about DE, the boogers had the trunk
of 40 ft tree slimed from climbing it and i used tuna cans for beer
and they had no problem; sometimes as many as 20 or 30 a night in one
tuna can! . I think there is more informationon on the net for the
DE, like a Google search.
lee h

(P2) wrote in message . com...
Sluggo is the brand name . . . . it is basically ironite with a snail
attractant . . . good for your garden, bad for the snails (dries them
out when they injest the ironite) A bit more expensive than some
snail baits, however it is safe around pets and kids!

Thanks for the story about the drunk skunk! Priceless.

p2

(Beth Pierce) wrote in message . com...
Now I am
quite familiar with the term "Drunk as a skunk".

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to an organic slug killer?