Old 05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
gregpresley

Default indentify volunteer flower?

As another option, how about campanula trachelium - here's one pic - the
leaves do look more similar to your picture than rampunculoides
http://www.floracyberia.net/spermato...edoneae/campan
ulaceae/campanula_trachelium.html
"gregpresley" wrote in message
It looks like campanula rampunculoides to me too. If that is the case,
ERADICATE ERADICATE ERADICATE!
Its nickname is "cancer of the garden", because it spreads from the

tiniest
fragment of root when you attempt to pull it up. The main root is a long
white root, something like a small parsnip - but it will send out long
exploratory fibrous roots in any direction to shoot up another stalk.

From: (Myrmecodia)

Can anyone I.D. this plant that appeared in our woodland garden in
central North Carolina?

http://nickplummer.home.att.net/unk2.jpg -- Flowers
http://nickplummer.home.att.net/unk3.jpg -- leaf

Looks loke Campanula rapunculoides