Old 05-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Jeannie

Default Feeding Veg

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
snip
Feed beans with a solution of 2 tbsp Epsom Salts dissolved in a full
watering can.

Surely that is grossly too concentrated a Magnesium source? After all,
Mg is only a trace element.

snip

I have absolutely NO IDEA of the science behind the Epsom Salts but all I
can say is that I have been given this remedy by more than one fellow
gardener and it works, so that's good enough for me!

Jeannie

Make some nettle or comfrey brew for the rest, sweetcorn and
brussels especially respond to that, but most plants will benefit

from
feeding with it.

If indeed the soil is impoverished, applying Growmore at the normally
recommended rate is a well-balanced fertiliser which additionally
probably contains all the trace elements you need, as unspecified
impurities.

Franz

---