Old 05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Amber Ormerod

Default tree surgeon

"Rod" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:23:17 +0100, "Amber Ormerod"
wrote:

what qualifications am I looking for in a tree surgeon (ie is there a
national thingie they should have?) I found a local company thats in the
arboricultural assoiaction but didn't know what it is.

If not does anyone have anyone in north hamphire (Odiham RG29 ) that they
recommend?

Really word of mouth is the best way of finding a good one, once you
know a good guy, even if he's too busy to do your work, it's a small
tight knit world, they all know one another, and they know who they
can trust - their lives frequently depend on it (they will probably
have worked with them at some time) so they'll be able to pass you on
to somebody else.
If he's in the AA then at least he's a bona fide contractor. You
really need to see some of his work, preferably see him working and
talk to some of his customers. Check he is insured against damaging
your or anybody elses property and against accident or injury to third
parties. Check how he's going to dispose of the cut wood (he has to be
a licenced waste carrier if he's going to take it off your site).
Rod

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!