Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Stinging nettles?

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:08:44 +0100, Klara wrote:

In message opsamlkuvjadtv40@matservices, M. Tiefert
writes

I had a half-garden-full of them in inland southern California (HOT
summers!) - in the spring, those that survived my hacking at them died
in the summer - but they came back every year.

Amazing! Somehow I missed them even though I lived in the States for
years! Next, I'll probably find out that there is poison ivy here in the
UK!

They also live alongside streams in southeastern Ohio. I'm originally from
Ohio, and nobody there seemed to consider nettles to be non-native wild
plants. The ones in Ohio seemed somewhat milder than the nasties I had in
s. Calif - even the babies stung, so I had to be careful when walking
about the garden in sandals.

cheers,

Marj
--