Old 05-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Françoise

Default delphiniums

Bill,

I have tried to grow delphiniums for the past 3 years without success. A
couple would germinate, but would be dead by the time to be planted.
This year, one grew high enough during winter to be planted in spring,
survived for a month only. So still no delphinium in my garden.

I am successful with almost anything else. In May this year, I planted
more than 500 plants (annuals and perennials), seeded during winter in
the house. All are thriving.

Françoise.

billq wrote:

hello,
I have been trying to grow delphiniums from seed since early this
spring. I
bought seeds from a local hardware store. Both the Pacific Giants and the
Connecticut yankees. I tried 2 different attemps to seed in my garden
and 1
round in planters inside. Absolutely nothing germinated. I generally have
no problem growing anything. Could the seeds be bad from the seed company
or is there some secret that I am missing?
thanks Bill