Old 05-07-2004, 09:02 PM
starlord

Default Four o clocks

When I move mine, I cut the top off just above ground level and once the
tuber is in the ground I put down a good amount of steer manure and a slow
deep soaking of water. They come back after awhile.

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
I dug up some Four o clocks and moved them. They were at least 3 feet

tall,
and the root (rhizome, corm??) was good sized. (at least as big as a
woman's fist)
Of course the Four o clocks do not look happy in their new spot. Very
droopy and wilted looking. It's been a week since I transplanted them. I
am in South Louisiana, below New Orleans.
If they don't perk up, maybe just leave them in the ground and they will
catch up next season?
I did a Google search and the only transplant information that I could

find
was on seedlings.
Perry