Old 05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Tumbleweed

Default slug deterrent non lethal

"starwars" wrote in message
elinux.net...
On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:56:04 +0200, Bettina Green
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:22:44 +0100, Ivanna Humpalot
wrote:

Hi to everyone,

this by Ivanna Humpalot written email is a very good summary, but I
would like to add something:

I can recommend a so called slug fence, this can stay for many years
in your garden. It is a galvanized metal strips (and corner pieces)
which prevent slugs from entering your vegetable patch (or flower
bed), so you don't need beer pots (or slug pellets) or you don't need
to collect the slugs in this part of your garden.

There is a website www.slugfence.com about that product.

I tested this in my garden and it helps ...!

Bettina

This is a great idea, sadly few and far bewteen of late, with the pro
kill nuts about.

Thanks for that.

Obviously this method would slowly starve the slugs to death instead of a
quick death (or even a merry alchoholic death)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com