Old 05-07-2004, 10:03 PM
escapee

Default Help identify bug - please

Spider mites. Use Insecticidal Soap sold at every garden center and follow
label directions for spider mites. You need to do succession applications 4
times, four days apart and not in the hot sun part of the day. Evening is best.
OR, you can just go out a few times a day with a hard stream of the hose and
wash the undersides of each leaf.

On 5 Jul 2004 19:14:14 GMT, Ted Scherbel opined:

I have been trying to grow a small plum tree from a seed, but some critter
is attacking the project. I find almost microscopic spider webs but
haven't actually caught a spider.
Today, I did capture a tiny thing looking somewhat like a mineature lady
bug. It had the general appearance of a grain of rice, but about a tenth
as big. It had numerous black spots on its back. I could only see details
with a X15 maginfier and then not very good.

Any ideas?

Ted in Dallas Texas.....