Old 05-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Stinging nettles?

The message
from "Brian" contains these words:

'Smells' do linger in one's memory. The smell of differing
'grownups' made them identifiable~~especially if they were known for
sweets!!.

My Granny's house was reached across a weed and water filled ditch.
Whenever we arrived, she was standing at the ditch waiting to greet us;
so for years and years I thought the ripe stagnant stink was her.

More than anything was the smell of Cedar wood, in the kindergarten,
after I had butchered dozens of pencils in the sharpener.

My kindergarten smelt of polish and boiled milk, when milk still had a
smell.

Janet.