Old 06-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Chrome!Hat

Default What is this bug??

Hi,

A couple of days ago I spotted a bug in my pond that is about the size and
shape of a fair sized dragonfly (minus the wings). Supposedly this is not a
dragonfly nymph as I am told these look nothing like the adults. I first
spotted it latched onto one of my goldfish. The fish did a few acrobatic
jumps and shook it off. All fish are accounted for and seem fine. This bug
has come up to the surface then gone down again a couple of times. I was
told it could be a damselfly nymph, but the damselflies around here are much
smaller than this critter.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick