Old 06-07-2004, 12:03 AM
shazzbat

Default Labelling

"jane" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:45:39 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

snip other quotes
~Which closes the circle: That is essentially why I am looking for an
~actual permament method.
~{:-)
~
~To change the topic slightly, which urglers keep sketches of what is
~where in the garden as a backup for the labels?
~Who keeps them on a computer?

Um. Me
I photograph everything with the digicam. The allotment pics usually
make it to my blog, and I've got plans for each plot on the PC so I
can keep track of the rotations.

I do that too. Different colours for the paths etc, and use the cells of an
exel doc to keep track of the rows etc.

But as to the labelling question, I bought a plant at an open garden and the
label was a white plastic one which had been painted matt black, and the
details scratched into the paint with a nail, giving white lettering on a
black background. It looks really classy and professional.

Steve