Old 06-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Bannana skins in water butt.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 5/7/04 5:01 pm, in article ,

"p.mc"
sigadd1to wrote:

Hi all

A couple of weeks ago I put approx 8 bannana skins in my water

butt and was
watering my toms and container plants with it, and now it pongs a

bit so I
retrieved the skins from the butt and skimmed the skin off the

surface.
Am I doing the right thing?........ "I'm a newbie as you can

guess".

Put banana skins round the roses - it's the potassium that's the

good stuff,
I understand. I don't think your water butt is going to harm

anything but
you could go for the more direct approach.

Surely a potassium-rich fertiliser like "Toprose" is more efficacious
and less unsightly than banana skins around the roses?

Franz