Old 06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
gary davis

Default Garden waste recycled as compost by local councils

On 7/1/04 1:07 PM, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains

these words:

Nothing survives an well executed composting process My Council
jollop looks as near to perfectly composted material as I have

ever
seen. Time will tell if it only looks good, or if it actually
benefits the garden.

In rec.gardens archive in google, you should be able to find the
threads about their equivalent of council compost containing high

levels
of plant-toxic chemicals. These were supposed to have arrived on
clippings from treated lawns.

Do you know of anyone who, for this reason, does not use their own
grass cuttings either as a mulch or a compost ingredient?

As an extensive collector of other peoples' grass cuttings for my
mulches and compost, I don't accept contributions from anyone who uses
lawn weedkillers.

Janet.

I, too, say thanks but no thanks.
Gary