Old 06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Gophers!

Jackee said:

I walked out to my pretty garden this morning to discover either a gopher or
a mole had dug a huge hole in the back of my garden, covering some of my
squash plants with a heaping pile of dirt!
Any tips to rid of this creature?

A huge hole under the squash sounds more like a groundhog (AKA woodchuck).
Not a promising sign for your garden. Now is the time that the young ones are
starting out on their own. They are much easier to trap than the grown ones.

http://www.bugspray.com/articles99/woodchucks.html

(attributed to Don Marti)