Old 06-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Bullfrog

"jammer" wrote in message
I finally got a pretty good look at the big frog tonight. I couldn't
see it's feet, but it is about 5 inches long without it's feet. After
looking at it and then looking at pictures, the only way to tell was
it's size. It has to be a (young?) bullfrog. It is brown on the back,
green on the head, white on it's chest and yellow around it's mouth.
Quite a good specimen. So far it hasn't eaten my 3 fish. It looks
rather thin.

I have some new found bull's in my pond this year as well. I can't get pics
though, as my digi-cam is dead. Anyway, here is a photo of a green frog,
http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files.../p1010009.jpg. You can
tell it's a green, because of the fold of skin that runs down it's back. On
a bull, that fold turns 90 degrees down to the front legs.

BV.