Old 06-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Its times like those when you ponder "What would Bob Vila do?"

Its always much easier to plan carefully in advance than to mess up a job
and try to figure out what you did wrong after the fact, isn't it?

Your time would be better spent watching the Home and Garden channel instead
of "Home Improvement" with Tim Allen! Argh, Argh, Argh!!

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message

A few weeks ago I completed a 60 ft. walkway with small to medium size
flagstone (3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch thick) I wanted a "natural" look so
I layed them all directly on the dirt, sweeping in the cracks slightly
- planted steppables in between. Problem is they're all very mobile.
Not a sturdy path at all. Any 'fix' suggestions? Fill the cracks
with sand? more dirt? gravel? Or will they settle in a few years?
I'm not opposed to tearing it all up I just had wanted something very
natural and it does look good!

Thank you very much!

Kevin Miller
Ft Wayne, IN

P.S. These stones range from football size to 16" pizza size
P.P.S. I don't mind a little movement - I just don't want someone to
get hurt (twist an ankle)