Old 06-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Rob Halgren

Default red new leaf on Phal?

Susan Erickson wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:27:29 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

I haven't seen them bloom, but out of about 50 plants, all had intensely
purple foliage. There should be a special AOS award for foliage...

Rob

So suggest it - Your a Judge.
SuE

A very junior one... Actually there is a suitable award, which would be
a JC (judges commendation), you can give that for any feature you find
to be 'worthy of recognition' with less regard to the quality of the
flower. I think it would probably still need a flower on it to qualify
for judging, though. So, with one not hideous flower, you could give
the plant a JC for unusual leaf color. Bizzare... Anyway, I'm going to
start breeding for leaf color, since I see the leaves 12 months of the
year and the flowers less often than that.

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )