Old 06-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default New house with hard pack soil

"Jack" wrote in message
newsMxGc.22721$mN3.22238@lakeread06...
Hello all,
I've been in my new house for about two years. It is a typical builders

lot
with hard pack soil. When it rains, and/or I run the sprinkler system,

most
of the water just seems to run off. I am going to plug aerate in the

fall,
but I was hoping to do something now. Perhaps spike aerate. I need to

get
the water down the to roots of the grass.

Advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Zone 6 rhode island.

Ah yes...the wonder of new houses. Builders ought to be put in pillories in
a public square and pelted with rotten vegetables, because of what they do
to the soil. Any chance you can get your builder to bring back the topsoil
he stole from you?