Old 06-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Liashi

Default Share your Garden's progress report!

My garden?

Hmmm. . . .

Let's start with the bad news first.

Tomatoes-- Deer . . . This iz WAR!

I have five tomato plants this year (okay, okay . . . more like 4 1/2
.. . . )
Huskey Cherry Red doing okay so far. Might have had a tomato from
Supersonic if a deer hadn't eaten half and left the rest. (grrr. . .
..) Had a pink beefsteak, the top of the stem got broken off during
transplant and it took FOREVER for it to come back. Then a deer
chopped it off again . . . the second pink which was to "replace" the
first is okay, but still awfully small. The experimental "Bonnie"
plant looks like it's got something wrong with it.

On the bright side. I'm not expecting too much more deer damage. There
is now a fence. It went up in one evening the day before we had to go
on vacation.

Carrots--

Looking awfully crowded next to two pumpkin plants the size of
California that are growing fast.

The plant bulbs that is in the middle of it all are finally flowering.
the "gladiator" looks so pretty! Other wise . . . I guess things are
okay there. ^^

Lima beans and green beans-- This iz still WAR!

First harvest. Not bad. It and the corn now have a fence. This fence
went up the day after we got back from vacation. Guess what those deer
had been up to?

Corn--

We way qualified for the "knee high by the Fourth of July" mark.
Tallest stalk has one tassel. Haven't seen any pests on the corn for a
while now, but I'm still on the watch.

Pumpkin-- Yay for thorny plants which the deer don't bother!

Did it have to explode?? This stuff is turning into a weed at this
rate! Think I'll trim some vines.

Watermelon--

If the Pumpkin doesn't overgrow and kill it, it looks like it might
have a chance. I don't think it's too fond of our clay soil. At least
there's a flower!

Hmm. I think that's everything. ^^ We definitely need more fence!
May have a hard time getting the picture to load during peak hours,
keep trying if you'd really like to see it. ^^
http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/...5_01garden.jpg