Old 30-01-2003, 07:06 PM
John Hines

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"Theron" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:50:57 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

My current plan does not include a skimmer. Do you think I'll regret it?

Depending on how big your pond will be. 2 or 3 hundred gallons,
probley not. Larger than that you need the skimmer and a bottom drain.

My estimate, based on what I have seen in my friends yards...is that I will
end up with 2-3000 gallons. What issues arise without a skimmer? A bottom
drain too? I had not even planned on that at all. The skimmer was a possible
idea, but the bottom drain never entered my mind. I'd hate to cut my liner.

Everything that lands on a pond surface, unless skimmed off, or eaten,
will sink to the bottom.

If you have a good bottom drain, then you could get away without a
skimmer.

Without a bottom drain that can remove debris like leaves and such, it
is left up to you to do it, and you will have to do it each fall at a
minimum.

It is a lot easier to bite the bullet, and do the job right the first
time, rather than the last time.