Old 07-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default new pond full of snails and tadpoles

EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

Are you planning to add fish to this pond? They will take care of much of the
snails and tadpoles. Doesn't sound like you'd need to feed them at all. With
this size of pond (15'x45'x3' to 4'
deep) and keeping your stocking level low you'd be okay without a filter as it
sounds like you have a nice assortment of plants.

I have some Golden Shiner minnows in the pond. Unfortunately I put them
in when string algae was a big problem and lost many of them. Since it
is spring fed and has an overflow into natural drainage, I am not
allowed to use exotic fish, but must follow Fish Commission rules. I am
thinking small now.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman