Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 AM
KK

Default Peat Moss Substitute?

Wow, I would have thought it would have been more than that... so would 2"
be 10%? or doesn't it work like that?

It's now apparent that I just haven't put on enough each year even though it
seemed like a bunch. This fall it's going to get "loaded" up with what ever
I can find and tilled in and I'll probably add a little nitrogen to the mix.

Thanks for all the info...

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
I was trying to find a reference and from some of my notes came the
figure that one inch of peat or compost tilled in to a depth of 6"
would equal five percent organic material content.
The class was taught by UCONN's soil lab director.

Keep adding, you will get there!