Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Rooting hormones

The message
from lid (Rodger Whitlock) contains these words:

gOn Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:28:14 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

The time for taking summer cuttings is approaching. This raises the
perennial questions which bother me at this time of the year:

Is the shelf life of last year's purchase of "Strike" powder long
enough for me to risk using it again this year?

I think I've read that the active ingredient decomposes fairly
quickly and that you should buy fresh powder annually. Do I
myself do this? No.

Me neither. I prefer powder too. Lasts for years and years:~)

I've also read commments (perhaps here in urg) that for most
plants, rooting hormones are an irrelevancy, so the potency or
impotency of one's hormone powder is also irrelevant.

Ah, it's the magical intention of the user that makes the useless
powder work.

We're having mild cloudy humid weather; cuttings are rooting at high
speed atm.

Janet.