Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Fran

Default open letter to all perma-culturists who realy care - back 2 grass roots

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day fran,

i didn't post this as a personal thing, i am involved in a few permy
forums etc.,. and this news group up to a couple or so years ago was a
vibrant forum of people sharing ideas and discussing what they were
doing and how.

Yes it was

that all stopped and in my opinion which i am voicing ok sorry it came
out a bit strong, but there is an undercurrent of these diploma
yuppies out there and all they see pc as is a way to a healthy bank
account or some sort of notoriety. this group which was attracting new
players which is needed to keep the flow going has slowly but surely
ground to a halt, and the way i see largely due to this premise that
unless you have a diploma and set up and institute you just aren't
doing permaculture (this was not necessarily caused by posters in this
group but surely it has been by other forums).

Len, the group here has ground to a halt BUT none of the regular posters
here ever had a permie cert, or ever (from what I remember) sought to make
money from pc.

I don't know what is going on in other forums and what is happening there
may be the reason why you are cross now and posted such a heavy comment.
There has been no pc activity here in this newsgroup from the regulars for
so long now that you couldn't possibly still be cross about anything that
happened in the dim past.

I still can't understand why we all got a blast from you in this newsgroup.
Obviously there are a few of us old regulars who are still hanging around
here and checking in here regularly. It would seem that Pete, Tara, Janet
and myself are all lurking. Because we are all still checking this ng
regularly that should tell you that we are still interested in both pc and
this newsgroup. We (Janet, Pete, Tara and myself) didn't do or say anything
nasty to you but suddenly you have given us a serve whether we deserved it
or not. Janet got cross with you in response to your post. She hadn't
posted here for so long that nothing she previously posted could have caused
you to post what you did.

Has something happened that upset you in another forum? Or are you just
shitty with life generally?

I don't think we deserved your post. We were all lurking here very very
quietly. We weren't posting so how could you be cross with a bunch of
lurkers?

Why don't you have that cup of coffee that Pete won't give you and have a
biscuit and then post and tell us all why you are really shitty. No-one
here has ever claimed to be interested in money or certificates or looked
down on anyone for being interested in pc. We have had a go at people who
have lied but then I don't recall ever thinking that you had ever lied.

yes i know that some sort of bad politics played it's part here as
well and from where i see it not all that can be pointed one way there
was lots of bad karma going on between what appeared to be factions.

Yes Len but that is ancient history. What is up now?

if we don't start getting some common sense land management going in
this country alone and pc was maybe still is if we can get it back to
grass roots, the best way to instil that need in people, for if we
don't in simple terms i can't see our rain situation returning to
normal.

Now ain't that the truth!