Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Tom Bennett

Default Bad weather?

"Mike" wrote Forecast for high winds and driving rain for today, but
sunny and windy here
on the Isle of Wight @10.30.

What have you got and where are you?

Bright morning with strong sunshine. Warm, at 23C. Easterly wind has
grown progressively stronger. Now approaching "strong". Likely gale
force by teatime, here.

Cloud increasing from the south. Indications of heavy rain by 16.00 -
lasting well into the night. Up to 2" in possible over a wide area,
according to the UK Met. Office (would be very welcome to me, ATM)

Most unusual for July, down here, but potentially *very* damaging to
summer gardens.

I've great sympathy to anyone with an outdoor event but I think the
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show might be in for a battering.

Tom.
Blackmore, SW Essex.