Old 07-07-2004, 05:03 PM
ooha

Default clematis- repair work

I have planted three clematis vines in the back yard two years ago. First
year they were doing fine and growing a bit. Second year - I was sick and
was in the hospitals all summer. This year- the trellis fell apart from wind
and the three plants were on the ground when I walked out early spring. I
have put in a better trellis and tried to "hoist" the plants. They look
ugly now with lots of 'brown spots" on leaves and very few leaves.
I want to rescue these vines since they are among the few that survived my
complete neglect last summer.
Can I prune them and re plant in a better area of the garden with better
soil? Or do I have to lift them with all the ugly leaves and all?
Cincinnati- ZONE 5/6.