Old 07-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Mike Patterson

Default West Nile Virus

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:20:13 -0400, " George"
wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
.. .
On 06 Jul 2004 20:59:52 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

Since we've had the pond we've hardly ever seen a mosquito.
The other thing a pond attracts is dragon and damselflies to lay their eggs.
They are also mosquito eating machines. One insect will eat them in the
thousands.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Ya know, I have 17 medium fish and dozens of baby fish plus I counted
6 dragonflies buzzing around yesterday, but I'm still getting bitten.

Maybe I need to make a sacrifice to the Pond Gods.

I suspect that your pond is not the source of the mosquitos.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I have a one-acre lot surrounded by hundreds of other one-to-five-acre
lots. Somebody somewhere around here is breeding skeeters...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."