Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 PM
The Albino Playboy

Default Share your Garden's progress report!

DaveH wrote:
Your Garden? Dave

I've got about a 14' by 5' patch. It's my first garden, and we live in a
duplex rental with a small back yard so this was my little patch of land. I
have no idea what zone I'm in...I'm in Northern California.

My garden consists of 2 tomatoe plants with lots of big tomatoes, so far
just green (I don't know what brand or strain or whatever they are).

I also have a cherry tomato plant that is just crazy (how should I contain
it? should I clip it?). It's produced enough for a few evening's salad and
the little 2 y/o to snack on.

I planted two corn stalks, but they've been harvested and eaten (yum). Also
in there are some carrots, which aren't doing so hot because of the clay I
think, a couple of garlics and a batch of garlic chives.

Along the back are some peppers (green chili and jalapeno) and a cilantro.
Also around the perimeter are some green onions and some red onions. I've
got a patch of walla walla onions and a zuchini squash next to it which has
produced quite a few squash which are the bomb for grilling with a little
olive oil and some spices.

And lastly is my eggplant, which is pretty big with lots of flowers but they
don't seem to be producing anything. I bought two and gave one to my
neighbor which has produced 3 eggplants so far. His stalks and branches are
a lot more purple than mine, am I not getting it enough food?

And I'm going to be putting a couple of cantelope plants in where the corn
was once I pull them up. I think I crowded it a bit, but so far so good
except for the carrots and the eggplant.

DJ

--
So conservative it makes your head hurt.

http://thewrite.blogspot.com/
djstipe at msn dot com
sinforfreedom