Old 08-07-2004, 12:04 AM
M. Tiefert

Default So you want to put down drip irrigation in the garden

On 6 Jul 2004 20:46:21 -0700, simy1 wrote:

http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/irrigation.html

Thanks for the good word - and I'm glad my website is useful!

8) both irrigation and drip hose are press fit into connectors. I
learned immediately that the proper way to do it is to have a cup of
boiling hot coffee with you. you dip the end of the tube into the
coffee for five seconds, and then it enters the (typically T-)
connector most easily. After a while the coffee will be cold and
gritty (I think the plastic gives it an off taste too), so stop
drinking it and put it in the microwave to make it hot again. Very
easy. and no leaks anywhere.

Hot water works just as well, and you won't be tempted to drink it ;-)

cheers,

Marj
--
Mediterranean Garden Advice and Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/