Old 08-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Bill Jay

Default Sunflower seed now

I'll tell you,
Just around this time,(July) two years ago, I planted a whole garden
full of "black oil"
sunflower seeds in my Illinois garden . They grew grew like crazy and
had beautiful flowers
before the Fall that the butterflies and bees and birds loved.
Best of all...50 pounds of "bird seed"...for ten bucks...at any
Forget them little packets !

Bill

EBG wrote:

I'm in Indiana and was wondering if it's too late to plant any variety of
Sunflower that will mature between now and late October? (little over 3
months of growing time)

Something quick to germinate....fast grower.

Have a great spot for a large quantity and some free birdseed?