Old 08-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Rooting hormones

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"David Hill" wrote in message
Like many others I also use rooting powder, and even if it does no

good I am
sure that the fungicide in the powder does do some good.

Putting together Jane and Davids notes, it sounds as if the best
regime is not to use a hormone at all, but to just dip the cutting
into a fungicide like Benlate.

Franz, are you taking cuttings on a massive scale or do you just want a
few to replace stuff you have / give to friends? Because, if it is the
latter, don't waste your money on chemicals!! I take cuttings every year
from dozens of my plants, never use chemicals of any sort, and always
end up with far too many plants. I can't bear to put the excess on the
compost heap so the poor things end up in a cold frame, getting root
bound and eventually dying off (((((((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.