Old 08-07-2004, 03:02 PM
redclay

Default Is any one using washing machine water for growing plants?

pantuvarali wrote in message
We use lots and lots of water to wash cloths- Pay for using the water and
disposing it. Due to the high price of water in BUTLER COUNTY (OHIO), I am
thinking why not use this water to drain out into flower beds.
Has any one done this? Any precautions to be taken? Do I need to 'filter'
the water?

Redirecting the discharge of the washing machine can be good for plants that
like alkaline conditions. Remember the washing machine also cleans out our
pipes so once in a while use it to flush your sewer lines.