Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] More on Leaf cutting

Another reason (or two) to snip leaves, especially on vigorous
growers that are still in training:

1. to get a midsummer look at the developing branch structure.
You can then snip away that (those) branch(es) developing exactly
where you do NOT want a branch to develop and leave only a tiny,
easily healed, scar.

2. to make it easier to wire -- or re-wire, or UN-wire, or all of
those choices.

Neither of these, probably, is sufficient reason alone to de-leaf
a tree, but are ancilliary reasons.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++