Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Leaf cutting

In a message dated 7/8/2004 8:59:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

That's why you don't PULL the leaves off and why you
always leave at least a stub of the petiole (leaf stem) on.

Jim

I know you don't do tropicals, but the Ficus nerifilia is

plucked, or just
pulled off. Works great, especially if you also clip the bud at

the end of each
branch.
Of course, you do end up with a lot of goo on your hands.

Hmmm . . .

Since -- after BSF -- I DO do tropicals and since they both
happen to be F. nerifolia -- is this another procedure chalked up
to TRADITION or does it actually do better than leaving a bit of
leaf stalk on?

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Botanically
and physiologically suspicious