Old 08-07-2004, 05:03 PM
gerry

Default String algae & water quality issues

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:44:45 -0400, "Janet" wrote:

I am at my witt's end these days. The string algae is incredible. It's
completely taken over the stream and is slowly choking out plants in the
main pond. Oddly though, the VF is really not affected. I've been
experimenting with the kitty litter and it's only mildly effective. It does
seem to knock it back but it comes back with a vengence. We picked up a new
master test kit tonight and here are my readings...

I've had great success with koi clay or Wallmart's Special Kitty" litter
completely clearing waterfalls and all moving areas - see new post "Koi
Clay vs Kitty Litter"

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com