Old 08-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Liashi

Default Share your Garden's progress report!

I also have a cherry tomato plant that is just crazy (how should I contain
it? should I clip it?). It's produced enough for a few evening's salad and
the little 2 y/o to snack on.
DJ

What is it with cherry tomato plants? Mine is also the happiest of the
bunch. ^^

Have you broken off some of the suckers? I note that the main vine
gets big when you leave a sucker on there, but it takes those thing a
while to set fruit, so you don't want to leave all of them there. You
can just break them off and compost them but this article recommends
starting new plants, if your growing season is long enough:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/trebor57.html

Not that I'm much of an expert. The best think is how suckers can
regenerate your plant if a deer distroys the top. . . . ^^