Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Jim McQuiggin

Default Groundhogs

Rusty wrote in
:

we have groundhogs under our gazebo. How do we discourage them
from digging there. We have put rocks in their hole and they pull
them out. Some of the rocks are very good size. Now we have
noticed they are coming to our deck. We have looked under there
and don't see any sign of them. We have lattice around the
underside of the deck. This is war. How do we get rid of them???
Thanks for any help. Rusty

I got rid of a family of groundhogs one year by flooding them out. If
access to water is no problem for you, just flood the hole. They will
return. Keep it up for a couple of weeks. They will give up.

Jim
Zone 6, Niagara